See your name in lights on CLAYflicks!
Submit a video of your best tips and techniques!
Do you have a great tip or technique that you would like to share with other passionate artists? Have you figured out a McGyver-like solution to a common studio problem? Or do you just have a really cool process that you think others would like to see?
Submit a high-quality video to us for possible inclusion on CLAYflicks! We are starting a new user-submitted video section on CLAYflicks, and we’d love to see what you’re doing in the studio. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure for your work and share your knowledge with like-minded artists.
Important Guidelines for Video Submissions
· Our audience is largely made up of intermediate-to-advanced-level artists, but we also serve a lot of educators teaching at the beginner and intermediate levels, so the videos can be geared toward beginner through advanced skill levels.
· Like the other instructional videos on CLAYflicks, videos should follow the step-by-step “cooking show” model.
· Videos do not need to be shot by a professional film crew, but need to be of high quality: Close up shots, good lighting, detailed instruction/narration, clear pronunciation, good audio, shot on a tripod.
· High quality videos shot on cell phones are acceptable, but should be shot in landscape orientation.
· If you have any videographer friends, ask them for help!
Video File Types
We accept many common file formats, but for the most consistent performance we recommend exporting files in MP4 format (suggested) with the H.264 codec (required).
Other file types accepted: MOV, MPG, AVI, FLV, F4V, M4V, ASF, WMV, VOB, MOD, 3GP, MKV, DIVX, XVID, WEBM
Music in Videos
If you wish to use music in your video, you must obtain the appropriate licenses and permissions, or use non-copyrighted music. If you are unsure, do not use music!
Evaluation and Acceptance
Video submissions will be evaluated by the editorial staff at Ceramic Arts Network. All submissions will be reviewed on a once-per-month basis. Publication contracts for accepted content will be mailed immediately after review. Submissions not accepted will be notified promptly via email. Please do not contact our offices regarding the status of your submission.