Short & Stout
The 2020 ICAN Juried Exhibition Teapot Show at NCECA
The annual ICAN Juried Exhibition at NCECA is back for its 10th year in 2020. ICAN hosts a juried exhibition of its members’ ceramic artwork to be presented at the annual NCECA (National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts) conference. The event attracts approximately 6,000 ceramic potters, sculptors, collectors, students, teachers, gallery owners, industry leaders, and other prominent leaders and makers in the field. This is an excellent opportunity for ICAN members to show their work in person to who’s who in the field.
This year’s members-only, juried exhibition theme is the teapot! All functional and sculptural teapots can be submitted! This year’s juror is Katie Sleyman, acquisitions and content editor of Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated.
In addition to the winning entries being displayed at NCECA, each piece will be showcased on the ICAN website for the remainder of the 2020 year. With your ICAN membership, you have a chance to share your work with the world!
Dates to know:
- November 7th, 2020: Call for entry opens
- January 9th, 2020: Submission deadline
- January 22nd, 2020: Acceptance notification
- February 21st, 2020: Shipped artwork due at the ICAN office
- March 25–28, 2020: Exhibition at NCECA
Contest policies & how to submit:
- Entrants must have an active ICAN membership both at the time of application and at the time of the exhibition.
- All entries must be submitted on Submittable (if you don't have an account, it is free to join), and please use/reference the email your ICAN account is under.
- Works submitted for consideration may be no larger than 8 x 8 inches. Works must be suitable for pedestal display in gallery setting.
- Members can submit up to 3 high-resolution (300 ppi) digital images of different artwork that are at least 2500 pixels in the largest dimension, preferably square, on a neutral background. Photo quality counts!
- Accepted entries must be shipped to the ICAN office by February 21st, 2020. ICAN will be responsible for the return of each piece following the close of the exhibition.
- Absolutely no shipping crates will be accepted.
The cost of entering the ICAN Juried Exhibition is an administrative fee of $35 USD for up to 3 images. All major credit cards and PayPal are acceptable payments.
Questions about your application?
For questions about submissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org